Re: Wi-Fi in Inspiron 1720 - Help!

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 5:21 AM, Dennis Wicks <wix@mgssub.com> wrote:
> I have lenny running very good except for one big hangup. I can't get the
> wireless card to work. It shows in lspci as a Broadcom BCM4310 USB
> Controller.

Disclaimer: I don't own and have never owned one of these cards...

I suspect you've seen it already, but the information on
http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43
doesn't look good. Your best option (aside from buying something else
to replace it with, preferably atheros-based) might be ndiswrapper
(I've had various levels of success using ndiswrapper with windows
drivers in the past, but it's far from an ideal long-term solution).

Sorry I can't be of more help.