Re: Procmail filters debian-user mails as spam

On Mon,28.Jul.08, 14:57:16, Arvind Marathe wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 1:42 AM, Andrei Popescu
> <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun,27.Jul.08, 17:07:29, Arvind Marathe wrote:
> >
> >> OK some more investigation. All the d-u mails, getting listed as spam,
> >> have X-Spam-Checker-Version, X-Spam-Level and X-Spam-Status, in their
> >> headers. For eg. one of the mails has:

> >> Andrei's mails and the mutt mailing list mails do not have these
> >> headers.
> >
> > Gee, glad to know I'm special cased! I think it's actually due to the
> > fact that I'm using gmail as well.
>
> I don't think so. I still think it is because you "cc" to me. All
> mails that were "cc"ed to me were dumped fine. And my own mails (from
> gmail) to the list, which did not have my address as "cc", were dumped
> as spam.

Hhmm, interesting...

> > Are you sure you don't want to try
> > maildrop instead of procmail?
>
> Busy right now, but won't mind trying it after a few days. Is it
> better than procmail? how?

Because you can actually read the rules? :) Don't worry, it's just a
matter of preference, like vim vs. emacs, KDE vs. Gnome. You will find
strong advocates on both sides, but in the end it's a matter of
preference.

> ps: btw, why do you "cc" to the sender? I am assuming you do some sort
> of reply-all.

The mails I Cc'd you had Reply-To and Mail-Followup-To set (this one
doesn't, but I think you didn't use mutt). I always use mutt's
Reply-To-List.  My guess is you have a 'subscribe' stanza for this list
in your muttrc. This is actually not needed, mutt does the Right Thing
(tm) by default.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)