Re: Making Kmail attachments available to OOo

Ron Johnson wrote:

On 07/27/08 09:24, andy wrote:
[snip]
Chris - if the attachment is saved, then OOo can open it easily enough
from the /home or wherever it is saved to. However, this is only a
partial solution because my wife doesn't always want to save the
attachment and may just want to read it "on the fly".

Which is perfectly reasonable.

Ron - I have no idea why (or really *if*) the age of the email is a
factor. It just seems that with KMail, at least, an attachment in a
newly arrived email can be read via a right-click open attachment, but
once they have been stored for a while, can no longer be opened like
that but must be saved as Chris pointed out. I suspected that it may
have something to do with an archiving process that KMail runs, but this
is just a guess (and uneducated at that).

That needs more research on your part as to whether there's an
auto-archive occurring, what the age trigger is, and if, in fact,
that is the cut-off for the ability to read attachments.

Be this as it may, the crux of the question is how does one include
directories within OOo's path?

It doesn't have anything to do with OOo, but KMail.  It has to tell
OOo to look "here".

- --
Ron Johnson, Jr.

Fair call. Thanks - that'll help narrow my search.