Re: Alsaconf & halting a frozen laptop.

Le dimanche 27 juillet 2008, Nigel Henry a écrit :

[SNIP]

> Hi Peter. Interesting from viewing the lsmod output below, that both
> snd-hda-intel, and snd-intel8x0 are being loaded, and also very
> weird.
>
> You should be able to just blacklist the snd-hda-intel module
> in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist, but I've seen some folks having
> problems blacklisting modules, as they still seem to load.

I had the same problem with via82 which conflict with cmipci module.
When I unload via82 module, sound work again. Why my cmi sound card and
my via82 chipset sound can't work both ? I don't know.

So I had to blacklist it with its dependencies since it keep loading if
I just blacklist via82 module. I added 3 lines
to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist :

# Blacklist via soundcard
blacklist snd_via82xx
blacklist snd_ac97_codec