Re: my ip was previously banned at http://forums.debian.net/

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 22:16:39 -0700, Andrew Sackville-West (andrew@farwestbilliards.com) wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 10:21:23PM -0400, Damon L. Chesser wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 18:20 -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > > On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 14:57 흍㒲횛漨꺋帢ᚯ禫⵪
> >
> > Paul,
> >
> > is your client hosed, or mine, or something else?  The last two emails
> > you sent only showed what is quoted above.  On my screen it looks like
> > asian writting and some block char and has one line.
>
> well, Paul's original mail looks good here in mutt/urxvt, though what
> you've quoted clearly doesn't look right...

Paul's messages appear fine here also, but comparing his messages with
those of others using GPG signing (and hence using quoted-printable),
the difference is that there is no 'charset' declared:

(Paul)

(Damon)

(Andrew)

(Various others)

(One other)

And so on.

With no charset value, maybe the strange characters are because of some
weird default character set on the system used to view the message?

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.