Re: my ip was previously banned at http://forums.debian.net/

On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 14:57 +1000, stabbyjones wrote:
> I have a static ip from my new isp and apparently it's been banned
> from http://forums.debian.net/
>
> Is there any way to get it unbanned? because it's banned i can't find
> any admin to contact and i can't browse posts. it also can't be
> changed without paying.

And if it's the entire netblock that's banned, that might not even help.
Why bother with some unofficial forum when you've got the official
mailing list right here anyway?  Way easier to use and manage than a
forum, and always accessable.

> alternatively a way to cut debian forums out of google search results
> would stop me getting my hopes up.

Append the string on the next line to the ends of searches to avoid
hitting that forum:

-site:forums.debian.net

--
Paul Johnson