Re: Can't start X-Server as normal user

>> # startx ...works
>> $ startx ...does not
> I would start by looking in /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config and making sure the
> "allowed_users" line equals "console".

less /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config
[snip]
allowed_users=console
nice_value=0

I also tried to post less /var/log/Xorg.0.log
but failed twice - maybe the file was too long?
Anyhow I do not expect the problem to be in the
X-Server Configuration because Xorg.0.log has no
error messages (EE).

In /home/sam/.xsession-errors I can see
Xsession: X session started for sam at Fre Jul 25 09:07:21 CEST 2008
open: Permission denied

So, in my opinion this says that users do not have permission to
start X.

Thanks for the inputs so far.

sam