Re: Can't start X-Server as normal user

>> # startx ...works
>> $ startx ...does not
> I would start by looking in /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config and making sure the
> "allowed_users" line equals "console".

less /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config
# Xwrapper.config (Debian X Window System server wrapper configuration
file)
#
# This file was generated by the post-installation script of the x11-common
# package using values from the debconf database.
#
# See the Xwrapper.config(5) manual page for more information.
#
# This file is automatically updated on upgrades of the x11-common package
# *only* if it has not been modified since the last upgrade of that
package.
#
# If you have edited this file but would like it to be automatically
updated
# again, run the following command as root:
#   dpkg-reconfigure x11-common
allowed_users=console
nice_value=0