Re: resurrecting dead mouse

On Wed,23.Jul.08, 23:32:51, Adam Hardy wrote:
> Andrei Popescu on 23/07/08 11:17, wrote:

>> Try using "/dev/input/mice" instead.
>
> Would that be a preventative measure for the future?

I thought it might solve your problem.

> Considering that this hasn't happened to me before, I'm hoping to work
> out why it did happen, rather than change to a different config which may
> have a new set of issues. Is there any advantage to using
> '/dev/input/mice'?

In theory it should support any mouse. For example I have a TouchPoint +
TouchPad and sometimes I also use an USB mouse and use them all at the
same time without problems. I also vaguely recall that this is now the
preferred way to access pointing devices, but can't find any reference.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)