Re: resurrecting dead mouse

Thomas Preud'homme on 23/07/08 10:58, wrote:
The Wednesday 23 July 2008 11:32:25 Adam Hardy, you wrote :
Started my workstation today, logged in, launched startx: mouse was dead,
pointer just sat inactive in the middle of the screen.

Spent a while searching the debian-user archives, tabbing from link to link
- fortunately some websites don't demand the mouse. Anyway, found no
solution, so I rebooted. The mouse came back to life.

What can do at the command line to avoid the reboot when this happens?

I hadn't done anything to the system for the last 10 days or more, so there
was no config changes or package installations. There were no relevant
messages in /var/log/messages or dmesg. I just put it down to sunspots.

My config is:
Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
         Driver          "mouse"
         Option          "CorePointer"
         Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
         Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
         Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

and I do have a KVM switch, which I tried switching around to resurrect the
mouse, without success.

This is etch, with xfce4.

I had the same problem a couple of days ago, maybe 2 weeks ago. Maybe we could fill a bug but I'm not sure.

If I can repeat it, sure.