Re: Problem with removing a chroot

Ryan Klein <ryan@ryanklein.com> writes:

> I am having a problem removing the remains of a chroot; I used the
> script in /usr/share/doc/libpam-chroot/examples/ and it created hard
> links for the entire /proc folder in /var/chroot/user/testuser/proc/
> and I cannot remove it. Can someone let me know how to remove these
> hard links so that I can remove /var/chroot/users/*?

Actually, you've probably got another copy of "proc" mounted there.
Try "umount /var/chroot/user/testuser/proc", and see if that fixes
things up.

It's not possible to create hardlinks across different filesystems, so
in particular you can't create hardlinks to "/proc" files in your real
filesystem.  (Try it, and you'll get an "Invalid cross-device link"
error or something similar.)

--
Kevin <buhr+debian@asaurus.net>