Re: networking crash suddenly in my home LAN

Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed,23.Jul.08, 13:31:13, Csányi Pál wrote:
>> I have at home a small LAN with Debian GNU/Linux Etch boxes.
>>
>> The gateway/router can to access the internet but server and desktop
>> can't.
>>
>> I have setup shorewall (iptables) on every three system and so far it
>> works but today it works not.
>>
>> I tried with command 'shorewall clear' to clear firewall but still
>> can't reach internet from server and desktop box.
>>
>> What could cause this behavior and how can I solve this problem?
>
> Can the server and desktop access the gateway? Can they access each
> other?

Yes, I can to access gateway and server with SSH from desktop, and
from server the gateway again with SSH.

>From desktop I can to open web page on my apache web server, but only
with IP address: 192.168.2.100. If I try to access it with FQDN:
csanyi-pal.info then I can't open it.

> Posting your entire shorewall config could be a bit much, but maybe you
> know *exactly* what you changed from the default config and could post
> here.

Like I sed this problem is still here if I clear the iptables with
'shorewall clear' command. So I think this is not shorewall issue.

I think that that this is a network setup problem.. but I don't
understand that that I don't changed anything but the problem came up
today.

--
Regards, Paul