Re: Uninstalling djb daemontools, djbdns

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 17:35:11 +0000 (UTC)
Hendrik Boom <hendrik@topoi.pooq.com> wrote:

[snip]

> Is there an easy way to scan a system to find all files that aren't part
> of any package?  Except of course for files like the ones under /home or
> /usr/local or such?

How about using find to get the list of all files and compare with a list of
files which are owner by all packages(use dpgk to get the list). That should
give you any file which is not installed by debian packages. I know very ugly way.

You can also try get the debian package of djb daemontools, djbdns downloaded
and use dpkg-deb -c <package> in order to get an idea of the files that are installed.

Hope it helps,
Pavlos