Re: Problems getting Etch in France

Nigel writes:
> ...don't want to go through the hassle of upgrading to Sarge, then Etch,
> along with the transition from xfree86 to xorg again.

Why would you install Xfree86 at all when you intend to upgrade?  The only
sensible way to do that would be to install just the base system, do the
upgrades, and only then install X and whatever applications, servers,
desktops, etc. that you need.

Much simpler, though, to just download the Etch netinst CD as I and several
others have suggested.

> I give up.

We will try to get by without you.  It will be a struggle.
--
John Hasler