Re: Motherboard for desktops with preinstalled Debian

On Monday 21 July 2008 11:02, Shachar Or wrote:
> Good morning!
>
> I will be working with computer shops to sell desktops with Debian
> preinstalled.
>
> I am interested to know, if anyone has this kind of experience, about which
> motherboards are excellent for this purpose and excellent in general.
>
> I am looking for AM2 socket motherboards.
>
> I'll also be happy to hear about which chipsets are good and like penguins.
>
> Peace!
> --
> Shachar Or | שחר אור
> http://ox.freeallweb.org/

I am liking the AMD 780G chipset but I can't find anywhere about it's level of
compatibility with etch. Does anyone know anything? Phoronix use the latest
Ubuntu for their reviews, which runs 2.6.24. I want to use etch for my
preinstalleds.

I'll go for a very basic motherboard now. It'll be good for a start with this
project. Can anyone reccomend a chipset to rely on for this; it should work
with etch OOTB, have 2D acceleration and not give me headaches.

I'm still looking at AM2 because I don't like intel but I'm open to compelling
arguments.

Pleasent day!
--
Shachar Or | שחר אור