Re: OT: Audiophile grade music server using several flavors of Debian

Adam Hardy:

> I use mt-daapd but it snips the last 2 seconds off the end of every song.

I haven't seen that behaviour yet. It may be a bug in the package in
etch, I am using the latest build fireflymediaserver.org.

> What does the Soundbridge do?

It's nothing but a client for audio streaming. It decodes what it
receives from the DAAP server and feeds audio output to "dedicated audio
hardware" (my hifi system). It's a little bit expensive but a very nice
way to make my digital music collection available where I want to hear
it. It features a remote control and a quite nice display so I never
have to stand up to change music. And I don't ever have to clean up that
otherwise inevitable CD stack in front of my hifi system because I
rarely touch my CDs. :)

> I can't figure it out looking at it on
> amazon. I feed the audio output from the audio card on my PC direct into
> the hifi. So what's the extra hardware for?

I don't have (and currently don't want to have) a PC in my living room.

J.
--
Fashion is more important to me than war, famine, disease or art.
[Agree]   [Disagree]