apt-get/aptitude bustage with gnucash

I have just attempted a dist-upgrade with bost apt-get and aptitude,
and both of them want to remove gnucash from my system (sid). This seems
to be busted.

At the moment there is a new gnucash-common (2.2.4-2) but no new gnucash
package to match. Normally that's ok and apt will not upgrade
gnucash-common, but for some reason, this time it wants to upgrade
gnucash-common and remove gnucash to resolve the conflict.

gnucash-common 2.4.4-2 has the following deps:
Replaces: gnucash (<< 1.8.8-5)
Recommends: gnucash (>= 2.2.4-2)
Conflicts: gnucash (<< 2.2.4-2)

So, this conflicts with gnucash 2.2.4-1 (currently installed) but does
not replace it. So why would apt remove gnucash? I thought apt was only
meant to remove a package itself when another replaces it.

Is this a bug in apt?

BTW. I'm not looking for any solutions here - i'll just wait until
tomorrow or the next day and the problem will go away. I've just never
seem apt try to remove something I want installed without there being a
replacement.