Re: [FIXED] Re: Loss of Flash Player capabilities in IW3.0

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 11:30:31AM +0100, andy wrote:
> andy wrote:
>> Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

>>> WFM: flashplayer-mozilla 9.0.124.0-0.0 + Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux
>>> i686; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008062910 Iceweasel/3.0
>>> (Debian-3.0~rc2-2)
>>>
>> I have the latest version of Lenny's flashplayer-mozilla installed
>> and, following Nuno's suggestion, closed IW and ran dpkg-reconfigure
>> iceweasel. This still hasn't worked however.
>>
>> I wonder if this conflicts with having gone to the flash site and
>> downloaded the flash-player 9 installer, and installed it using dpkg?
>>
> I needed to uninstall the earlier version of flashplayer, which I have
> now done, and then ran the flashplayer-installer from the Adobe website.
> Iceweasel is currently running Shockwave Flash 9.0 r124, and I no longer
> get the error message when going to the NG website link.
>
> All's well, I think.

well, you still aren't running the debian version, but instead running
the adobe installed version. There's nothing inherently wrong with
that except that your package manager doesn't have control of the
situation anymore, so you may run into trouble later.

I would recommend that you try completely removing the adobe version
and reinstalling the debian version. It is likely, I think, that
trying to run two versions simultaneously was the problem.

In my opinion, it is preferable to run the debian packages instead of
the adobe install.

.02