[FIXED] Re: Loss of Flash Player capabilities in IW3.0

andy wrote:
Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
andy wrote:
Greetings

The following is one of a number of sites (including, for example, parts of the NASA site) where I am told that my version of Flash Player is outdated: "You need the latest Flash Player plugin to view the multimedia content of this site." http://science.nationalgeographic.com/science/environment/global-warming/gw-impacts-interactive.html

I thought that I actually had the latest, but apparently not.

Has anyone else had this problem and what is the optimal fix, because I seem to remember that there was a clash between versions I used to have.

WFM: flashplayer-mozilla 9.0.124.0-0.0 + Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008062910 Iceweasel/3.0 (Debian-3.0~rc2-2)

Hugo

I have the latest version of Lenny's flashplayer-mozilla installed and, following Nuno's suggestion, closed IW and ran dpkg-reconfigure iceweasel. This still hasn't worked however.

I wonder if this conflicts with having gone to the flash site and downloaded the flash-player 9 installer, and installed it using dpkg?

Andy

I needed to uninstall the earlier version of flashplayer, which I have now done, and then ran the flashplayer-installer from the Adobe website. Iceweasel is currently running Shockwave Flash 9.0 r124, and I no longer get the error message when going to the NG website link.

All's well, I think.

Thanks for the help/ comments.

Andy