Re: Help filing bug report; can't use automated tool, does this report look OK?

On 07/18/08 20:07, s. keeling wrote:
> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>:
>>> Thanks, as for why, I'm not entirely sure. It gets setup ok, seems to
>>> run fine, but it always fails at the end before even trying to send the
>>> report. I can sometimes find a temporary file with the report, but
>>> sometimes not.
>>  Send the contents of your ~/.reportbugrc file.
>>
>>  For example:
>>  $ grep -v \# ~/.reportbugrc
>>  reportbug_version "3.17"
>>  mode standard
>>  ui text
>>  email "ron.l.johnson@cox.net"
>>  smtphost "smtp.east.cox.net"
>
> That's so ancient!?!  You're a dinosaur!   :-)          [inside joke].

Why thank you!  But that's just the version I started using rb at.

But actually, I'm rather current.

$ reportbug --version
reportbug 3.41

> (0) phreaque /home/keeling_ grep -v \# ~/.reportbugrc
> reportbug_version "3.31"
> mode standard
> ui text
> realname "s. keeling"
> email "keeling@nucleus.com"
>
>>> More than likely I'm doing something wrong, but rather than spend time
>>> figuring it out I figure it would be easier to just gather the info myself.
>>  That's... well, that's the Windows Way.
>
> It's the (l)user way.  We should always be trying to find a way for
> the machine to do the heavy lifting.  That way, we'll have more time
> to think, and room to breath.  Between all of us, we've handed him the
> solution on a silver platter.  It should be a matter config tweaks and
> tests.  I know, (l)users don't do that sort of thing, but we can hope.

Be nice.  Not everyone was able to cut their teeth on UNIX V6.

- --
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

"Kittens give Morbo gas.  In lighter news, the city of New New
York is doomed."