Re: (solved on my own) Re: need help on configing CD-Writer in sarge

Serena Cantor <qipaishi2006@yahoo.com>:
>  --- On Thu, 7/17/08, Serena Cantor <qipaishi2006@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have sarge, which use kernel 2.4 In kernel's config file, I find
> >
> > "CONFIG_IDE=m"
> >
> > I try to config with commands below:
> >
> > modprobe ide-cd ignore=hdb
> > modprobe ide-scsi
> >
> > Then, "cdrecord -scanbus", but can't find CD-Writer.
>
>  Thanks anyway!

Sarge is dead.  It no longer gets security updates.  If your machine
is network accessible, you need to upgrade.

/etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://debian.mirror.rafal.ca/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
deb-src http://debian.mirror.rafal.ca/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch main

As root:

   apt-get update && apt-get install aptitude && aptitude update && aptitude dist-upgrade

Now you're running etch.  Bite the bullet!  This really does work, and
you really shouldn't be running software that's not getting security
updates.