APT Mirror Priority

Hi,

AFAIK, there's no way to set priority on the mirrors that are defined in the
sources.list file.

Let us assume that we have two mirrors listed in the sources.list file.
Eg: a local apt-proxy and ftp.us.debian.org

It is obvious that apt-proxy is faster than f.u.d.o.

What I'd want is that apt first tries to first try m.k.o and if not found
there, or if the host doesn't respond, moves to f.u.d.o to get the package.

Is there any pinning setting that we can set on the mirrors?

Another question.
Does apt support threaded download? If I have multiple mirrors, can apt be
able to download multiple packages simultaneously from multiple mirrors at
the same time?
Currently I see that happening only with security.debian.org and one of the
many mirrors listed in sources.list

Ritesh
--
If possible, Please CC me when replying. I'm not subscribed to the list.