Re: [OT] GMail troubles [Was: Re: du-guidelines - point 7]

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi engaged keyboard and shared this
with us all:
>--} Ron Johnson wrote:
>--}
>--} >>       An ordinary user might not have resources to have a machine
> running --} >> 24/7.
>--} >
>--} > Why not?
>--} >
>--}
>--} 1. Because it is expensive and waste of resources.
>--}
>--} 2. If you are running a machine 24/7, the room better have good air
>--} conditioning to reduce all the heat generated. Air conditioning a room
>--} could be very expensive depending on where you live.
>--}
>--} 3. Some people do not have power 24/7. While it may be surprising to
> people --} in developed countries, this is very much true. There are places
> where --} power cuts of 5-6 hours a day is very common. If you happen to
> live in one --} of these places it simply is not possible to run a machine
> 24/7. --}
>--} raju

We only have solar power, so cannot leave a machine powered up 24/7, or
anything on standby for that matter. Everything, when not in use, has to be
turned off at the wall.

Charlie
--
Registered Linux User:- 329524
Tomorrow I will live, the fool does say: Today itself's too late; the wise

Debian, just the best way to create magic