Re: Installing debian on HP pavilion a6434

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 12:34:03AM +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> Even after reading:
> http://adam.rosi-kessel.org/weblog/2008/06/21/a-much-simpler-fix-for-the-r8169-link-down-problem
> and
> and
> http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_RTL8168
>
> I still cannot get passed the network configuration. I could not find
> the "Wake-on-lan after shutdown." option in windows. I had a bunch of
> options but none *exactly* matched this one.

I have a RT 8168 card in a new motherboard I bought recently I had to
install the r8168 driver from  realtek, once I did that everything
started to work fine from there  not sure if that will help you in your
situation.

The symptoms I had were nic would work sometimes, performance was really
bad, lot of alignment errors