Re: [Debian-User] Gtk fonts on non desktop (non gnome) X environment.

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 12:47 PM, Andrei Popescu
<andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu,17.Jul.08, 09:19:06, Javier Vasquez wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I use fluxbox, with no desktop (no kde, no gnome no xfce, ...).  But I
>> have the problem of not being able to configure the fonts for the gtk
>> guis...  For example I can't make the tab menus, readable for me on
>> icedove, iceweasel, iceape, etc...  I had the same problem for
>> icedove, but there was a kind plugin to modify its gtk fonts, although
>> I haven't found the same thing for other applications.  I guess the
>> same apply for qt applications ( I haven't installed skype yet, but I
>> guess I'll have the same problem).
>>
>> Is there a configuration file I can create by hand under
>> ~/.<some_name> which would help me accomplish getting the fonts I'd
>> like to see?
>
> Not exactly what you want to know, but before setting the fonts you
> should make sure your dpi is correct.
>
> Regards,
> Andrei

Absolutely right.  With setting dpi, I don't have to change the gtk
fonts, and most probably the kde ones either...  Here it's what I
changed:

% head -1 .Xresources
Xft.dpi                 :       170

Thanks,