Re: [Debian-User] Gtk fonts on non desktop (non gnome) X environment.

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 9:32 AM, Jochen Schulz <ml@well-adjusted.de> wrote:
> Javier Vasquez:
>>
>> Is there a configuration file I can create by hand under
>> ~/.<some_name> which would help me accomplish getting the fonts I'd
>> like to see?
>
> IIRC ~/.gtkrc-2.0. I don't have an example at hand but you will find
> examples when googling for that filename.
>
> J.

OK, your comment was right except that it didn't fix iceape guys
neither iceweasel/icedove...  For those:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Pane_and_menu_fonts

are the solution.  For pidgin there's a useful plugin to install:

pidgin-extprefs

which allows gtk configurations...  Now just editing ~/.gtkrc-2.0 was
not enough for gtk applications such as gftp, installing:

gtk-theme-switch

was necessary...  I'm wondering if something similar needs to be done
for QT applications such as skype...  I'll probably start a new thread
if so, :)...

Thanks,

--
Javier