Re: Supported hardware

Stefan Neacsu wrote:
Hello! I recently tried to install the latest stable debian version on a
Asus A7k laptop, but the installer fails to identify my hard drive. Here is
the configuration:
CPU: AMD Turion 64 x2 TL60
Video: Ati Radeon HD 2600
RAM: 2048
HDD: Hitachi HTS542525K9SA00 SATA 250 GB
WLAN: Atheros chipset.

Are there any supplementary steps i need to do in order to install debian o
n this machine?
Please help.
Thank you,

The latest stable might not have the proper drivers for you SATA controller. Is this a new model machine? Do you have a copy of latest Ubuntu CD? If not, can you burn a copy and boot the CD and run Ubuntu live? You could then run lspci -v and find out details about the laptop's hardware.