Re: apt-get dist-upgrade removes random packages.

On Mon,14.Jul.08, 19:44:21, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> > The following packages will be REMOVED
> >  firefox gallery2 gimp gimp-helpbrowser gimp-print gnome gnome-office gq
> ---^^^^^^^
>
> Where did you get a firefox package? Please post your *full*
> sources.list (if there is more than just Debian testing in there).
> Otherwise the output of 'apt-cache policy firefox' might be interesting.

Forget about it. I just put some etch and lenny sources on my machine
and saw that there is a firefox package in etch. The transitional
package that pulled iceweasel. But I would still recommend you remove
any foreign packages before any upgrade.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)