Re: prob. w. wordpress + php5

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

Sid has dropped apache in favor of apache2.

Apache2 does not have php4 support, only php5.

But WordPress, in particular the Textile 2cb plugin, has a bug in it using php5 that makes enumerated lists come out wrong.

I have the version of sid with apache + php4 on a mirror.

I want to install my system from scratch using the most recent sid but stay with apache + php4 from my mirror.

How would I do that?

It's either that or change the plugin because it is no longer supported by its author.

What lists look like in WP with php5 and the Textile 2cb plugin:

http://www.esnips.com/doc/1b9a0609-b5ea-4c6b-bb60-081ecd3a9e17/WP-with-php5

what they look like with php5 and that plugin:

http://www.esnips.com/doc/414fdd8a-0c93-4169-a3d3-63c2d99ddf38/WP-with-php4

Clearly different: I prefer to stay with php4!

There actually is another option, that "fixes" the problem:

http://www.esnips.com/doc/cabed293-7a0f-447b-8856-22d77f325470/WP-with-php5---Corrected

It involves writing a program to correct the ending of all itemized and enumerated lists by inserting a comment: <!-- -->

Mysql has a terrific dump program that creates a text file of the entire db and puts all the posts on one line that begins with INSERT INTO 'wp_posts'

The program would go into that one line and change all the endings.

And Sid will merrily upgrade with php5 and I don't care!

Hugo