SCIM problem

I am currently running testing with few packages from unstable. After
upgrading yesterday (or the day before), noticed that scim has stopped
functioning. I do not get the scim window in the tray nor the keyboard
selection window pops up. When I run scim -d, I get the following ouput
:

  $ scim -d
  Smart Common Input Method 1.4.7

  Launching a SCIM daemon with Socket FrontEnd...
  Creating backend ...
  Error: in scm_symbol_value: unbound variable: create-context

  Launching a SCIM process with x11...
  Creating backend ...
  Error: in scm_symbol_value: unbound variable: create-context
  Failed to launch SCIM.

I tried im-switch and chose the scim method for input. Then restarted X
with the same result. But, after I rebooted the machine, most of the
apps refuse to run : gnome-terminal, liferea, iceweasel, etc.
Ran  im-switch and set the method to none. Now, at least, I can run
programs. Bug reports for scim were not helpful :-(

Is anyone else facing similar problems? Any pointers or remedy for this
would be greatly helpful.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                 GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

"I don't mind going nowhere as long as it's an interesting path."
		-- Ronald Mabbitt