Re: Slow video[SOLVED]

Ron Johnson wrote:

The "inner" scroll region?  No sluggishness or slowdown.  Noticeable
CPU usage by /usr/bin/X11/X when I rapidly jerk the scroll bar up
and down, but that's normal.

                                                           Are ya using
the NV or Nvidia driver?

Sorry.  The nvidia driver.

I forgot to ask if you were running a high resolution monitor, perhaps 1600x1200 or greater? Are you running any of the 3d accelerated desktop, or regular 2d window manager?

Would you mind posting your xorg.conf? I have tried EXA and XAA options to no avail. My desktop is a minimal Openbox and mrxvt affair.

I would love to run Intel graphics, but as of yet they don't offer any discrete cards; my ASUS A8N-Premium works just fine except for the Firefox slow downs.