Re: How to configure Icedove for use with Debian Mailing list

Arthur A wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to use icedove v.2...14, to subscribe to and reply to this
> mailing list and others. But at the moment if I just hit reply it goes
> to the person who is listed as "from", not the "sender". There is
> another button that says "reply to sender and all", but nothing about
> just "reply to sender".
>
> Anyone using icedove to participate in the lists, and have you
> configured it differently to make it easier?
>
> I could probably just hit reply so that the subject it right, then
> delete the address and type in the correct one
> (debian-user@lists.debian.org??), but it seems like this is a pretty
> basic configuration option that I should be able to set.

It is easier to use "reply to all" and delete personal addresses. :-)

What you need is a "reply to list" button, which Icedove unfortunately
lacks. There is an extension that adds that button, try googling for it
and give it a try.

--
Beauty and harmony are as necessary to you as the very breath of life.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br
http://move.to/hpkb