Re: GPG error: http://security.debian.org etch/updates Release: The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG A70DAF536070D3A1

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 06:00:35 +0000, Chris Morley (g18c@hotmail.com) wrote:

[ Please try to post using plain text only if possible - thanks ]

> > > I run 'apt-get update' and it throws an error:> > > > W: GPG error: http://security.debian.org etch/updates Release: The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG A70DAF536070D3A1 Debian Archive Automatic Signing Key (4.0/etch) <ftpmaster@debian.org>W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems"> > [...]> > It works for me. Maybe it was a temporary network problem. Try again.
>
> Hmmm, this turned out to be my ever so crap ISP's transparent proxy... I checked with another debian box outside of their network and apt-get was fine.
>
> Is this usual? Very frustrating and a lot of time wasted because of this annoying proxy.

Is it usual to enforce a transparent proxy?  As your ISP seems to be in
the UAE then I don't know, but in the UK it is less common that it used
to be (Telewest/Blueyonder cable were guilty at one time).

Presumably you need to somehow force a proxy refresh before getting the
update.

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.