Re: How to create qemu-bootable image using debootstrap?

On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 10:41:30AM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 06, 2008 at 11:34:52PM -0700, David Barrett wrote:
> > Carl Fink wrote:
> >>
> >> Forgive a silly question, but why do you want to install grub on the
> >> image? Are you planning to dd it onto a physical disk?
> >
> > No, I'm just going to use it as a QEMU image.  It'll stay virtual, but
> > it'll need to boot all the same.  Unless there's some way to get it to boot
> > without grub?
>
> If I recall correctly, qemu can boot a linux kernel directly so you
> *probably* don't need grub.

That's where I was leading.  I don't know qemu, but I do recall, for
instance, loadlin, and made a mental analogy.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!
Stupid mistakes you can correct!