Re: Lenny

On Sun, Jul 06, 2008 at 08:36:22AM -0500, Neil Gunton wrote:

>> If you are running Testing/Lenny then you are basically acting as a
>> guinea pig so learn to use http://bugs.debian.org/
>
> Agreed - although I have never used the bug reporting for debian, it would
> be good to know that.

Not only to report (though it would be nice of you to contribute), but
also to find out about known problems and possible workarounds.
Reporting is actually very easy to do with 'reportbug'.

> Thanks again for the tips. Currently I'm inclined to just try this -
> on the home workstation, of course, then on the server if everything
> appears to be working on dev.

Some more tips: you should install apt-listbugs and apt-listchanges and
also subscribe to debian-testing-security-announce (and
debian-security-announce if you haven't already). These are low traffic
mailing lists, so they will not take too much time to follow.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)