Re: Installing svk on lenny?

On Sat, Jul 05, 2008 at 02:16:49PM -0700, Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Im trying to install svk on a lenny system, but its not available in the
> lenny sources. A search of the package archives suggests that you can
> get it in Etch or unstable, but "apt-get install svk / stable" or
> "/ unstable" just says that svk is not available, but is referred by
> another package.

There should be one comig to sid at your mirror soon.

Full story is:
http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/svk.html

> Is there a version of it i can use, or a reason why its not longer available?

When RC bug exists long time on a pacakage, package is removed from
testing and unstable.

http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=svk&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all

It is just uploaded to unstable. Try again!

Your problem of not installing stable version is unknown to me.  Do you
have apt-line for stable in /etc/apt/sources.list?

Osamu