Re: Installing svk on lenny?

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 06, 2008 at 12:37:42AM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 05, 2008 at 02:16:49PM -0700, Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Im trying to install svk on a lenny system, but its not available in the
> > lenny sources. A search of the package archives suggests that you can
> > get it in Etch or unstable, but "apt-get install svk / stable" or
> > "/ unstable" just says that svk is not available, but is referred by
> > another package.
> >
> > Is there a version of it i can use, or a reason why its not longer available?
>
> I think you need
>
> apt-get install -t stable svk

Thids is correct syntax but I think
 apt-get install svk/stable
is also correct syntax.

I have not used it often but I see manpage in apt_preferences(5) mention
its usage as example.  Maybe the insertion of space by the original
poster may be the cause of his problem.  (I have not tested...)

> and you must have sources for stable in your sources.list. Alternatively
> you can probably get it from snapshot.debian.net.

That is the last resort indeed.  But there should be easier way.

By the way, installing package from different release is somewhat
dangerous even for interpretted language program.  So be careful.

Osamu