Re: How do i access the Debian Changelog

On Sat, Jul 05, 2008 at 03:30:42 -0400, Radai F Zabala wrote:
> Folks, how do i access the changelog so that i modify the Changelog
> using nano editor? This is the file i'm referring to
> /home/el1ip3s01d/gnash/gnash-0.8.3/Changelog  As you can see Changelog
> is the file that i need to modify,because i'm trying to install
> gnash-0.8.3 on Debian Etch amd64...I'm actually following the small
> how to on page 552 of Debian linux 3.1 Bilble...Thanks for your
> help...

I don't know this book. Are you trying to build gnash based on the
Debian Sid sources ("apt-get source gnash")? In that case you will find
the Debian changelog at gnash-0.8.3/debian/changelog.

Also, have a look at the debchange utility from the "devscripts"
package, a great help to update Debian changelogs. (Debchange will
respect your VISUAL or EDITOR setting, so you can choose to use nano
with it.)

          Florian   |