non-networked update

Hi,

Wondering how to do an "apt-get update" like command on a computer not
connected to the Internet so that apt-zip can then be used.

Can I just put the Packages.gz file somewhere on the non networked
computer? If so, where--and what would be the command to use so that I
could then use apt-zip to remotely upgrade.

Mmmm, then again, I think I remember reading that the use of the
Packages.gz is deprecated.

--
Chris.
======