Re: dial up support

On 07/01/2008 08:55 PM, Daniel Dalton wrote:
And also, I looked at linmodem's site, but... can you use the standard
tools with a linmodem as you would with a non-win modem?

A short answer would probably be "no," but it depends upon what you mean by standard tools.

My modem requires both low-level and high-level drivers. The low-level driver is in the current kernel, but the high-level driver had to be gotten online.

Once both drivers are loaded, I can access my modem using minicom, or dial out using pppd/chat or wvdial.