Re: dial up support

On 07/01/2008 05:30 PM, Daniel Dalton wrote:

I just realised I have dial up all around Australia, so want to take
advantage of this.
So, my laptop has a win modem in side it. [...]

Go to http://www.Linmodems.org/ ; they have a scanModem tool that can help you find drivers for it ; I was able to get my "linmodem" working with that website's help and without paying for any proprietary drivers.

However, I am using an external serial hardware modem now because it *is* both better and far easier to set up. Try Ebay:

Now that wasn't so hard, was it?