Re: DNS agent for dynamic IP addresses

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 10:09 PM, Carl Fink <carlf@panix.com> wrote:
> I prefer to host my own DNS on my own server, if only to keep my memory of
> how to configure BIND relatively fresh.  Does anyone know of a similar agent
> that pairs with a daemon I can run on my DNS server, to track the IP address
> of my own laptop and desktop boxes and point subdomain1.finknetwork.com and
> subdomain2.finknetwork.com to them?

If you're running your own BIND, are you aware of nsupdate and rfc
2136? I thought the only reason to want to use something "homebrewed"
was that most free dynamic dns providers don't offer updates via rfc
2136...

(I could be completely wrong here of course, so please excuse me if
I'm talking rot...)

Jaime :-)