Re: Linux-image-2.6.25 won't boot - target filesystem error

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 15:28:10 +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> On 30 Jun 2008, Florian Kulzer wrote:

> > > No, I'm using grub.
> >
> > Uh-oh, speaking of initrds: I forgot that in my previous message; you
> > should probably rebuild it if you change your fstab to labels or UUIDs.
>
> How do you do that? I changed to UUID and I got the same message with
> 2.6.25 although 2.6.23 still boots normally. I don't know how you would
> rebuilt initrds.

The easiest way to rebuild an initrd for a given kernel is to run
dpkg-reconfigure on the corresponding linux-image-... package. This
should call an initrd generator as well as update-grub. You can do this
for the 2.6.25 kernel only, to make sure that you are not breaking the
working 2.6.23.

          Florian   |