Re: wireless with atheros

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 17:15:17 +1000
Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to buy an atheros wireless card for my laptop. It has a
> pcmcia card slot on it...
> (I use debian and a 2.6.25 kernel as well)
>
> So could someone please see if they could show me an online add of an
> atheros pcmcia card supported by linux?

The simple, foolproof method for finding Atheros gear is to look for
108 MBps advertised speeds.  You don't actually have to use the
proprietary extension to the 802.11g spec, but it's an Atheros
telltale.  Just stay away from USB adaptors, which aren't supported by
Madwifi (I don't know about ath5k).

> Daniel Dalton

Celejar