Re: [OT] the limits of googling

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

Google searching is (still?) primitive.

I would like to know the answer to a simple question:

What are the most recent laptops that run Linux *and* have a working analog (RJ-11) modem installed?

Listed by highest price first.

Hugo

PS All the searching I have done lead me to believe that they don't exist. But how do you prove that with Google?

I know you would rather not hear this, but I think, ultimately, a
compact USB modem will end up being your best bet.

Another option might be a wireless aircard, running in NDIS mode, if you
can find one with a Linux driver.  You might get around that with a
router, there are a few that can use an aircard or USB wireless
broadband card or 3G phone with a USB port.  I use the Kyocera KR2, it
works pretty well, as long as you don't go over the 5GB cap, and get
throttled. (If you let that happen, it's a bit of a nightmare to connect.)

Mark Allums