Re: [OT] the limits of googling

James Youngman wrote:
On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 2:59 PM, Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:
Hi,

Google searching is (still?) primitive.

I would like to know the answer to a simple question:

What are the most recent laptops that run Linux *and* have a working analog
(RJ-11) modem installed?

Listed by highest price first.

Hugo

PS All the searching I have done lead me to believe that they don't exist.
But how do you prove that with Google?

Not strictly an answer to your question, but the Linux Emporium sell a
proper hardware modem in a PCMCIA card, which should work with most
laptops I'd guess.

Indeed. But it irks me that I can't google for it(1) and to pay more than for a desktop with a piece of equipment that doesn't work(2).

Hugo