Re: how can I see version changes using aptitude?

El sáb, 13-10-2007 a las 21:36 +0300, Giorgos Pallas escribió:
> Kelly Clowers wrote:
> > On 10/13/07, Giorgos Pallas <gpall@ccf.auth.gr> wrote:
> >
> >> Hello to everybody!
> >>
> >> When I was using synaptic, I remember that it showed the version changes
> >> for every packet that was to be upgraded.
> >>
> >> Where exactly is this information hidden? How can I see it using
> >> aptitude, or maybe another command-line tool? I searched the internet
> >> but I can't seem to find something...
> >>

> > Do you want to see the current version number of the packages and the
> > new version number? You can see that by using aptitude in interactive
> > mode (invoke "aptitude" instead of "aptitude upgrade").
> >
> > If you mean you want to see what changes have been made to the
> > packages, check out apt-listchanges.
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Kelly
> >

> OK, apt-listchanges was the answer. Thanks!

The equivalent in aptitude is 'aptitude changelog package'.
Also, when you do 'aptitude *-upgrade' you can use 'c package' on the
"Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?]" prompt.

Aptitude is so great once you learn it!

--
Gabriel Parrondo
GNU/Linux User #404138

"The only difference between theory and practice is that, in theory,
there's no difference between theory and practice."