Re: ps2pdf problem on sid

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 1:14 PM, Florian Kulzer <florian.kulzer+debian@icfo.es> wrote:
[ Please try to turn off the HTML part of your messages. ]

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 20:28:53 -0400, Manu Hack wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm running sid on two different machines.  I just update/upgrade both
> machines.  However, I can run ps2pdf successful on one, but get error on the
> other.  The error I get is
>
> $ ps2pdf gpcard.ps
> Unrecoverable error: typecheck in readonly
> Operand stack:
>     _cjkv_base_util  --nostringval--  0
>
> The file I used is http://www.gnuplot.info/docs_4.0/gpcard.ps.gz

Compare the output of these commands on the two machines:

gs -v

both show

 $ gs -v
GPL Ghostscript 8.62 (2008-02-29)
Copyright (C) 2008 Artifex Software, Inc.  All rights reserved.

dpkg -S bin/ps2pdf

both show

 $ dpkg -S bin/ps2pdf
ghostscript: /usr/bin/ps2pdfwr
ghostscript: /usr/bin/ps2pdf12
ghostscript: /usr/bin/ps2pdf13
ghostscript: /usr/bin/ps2pdf14
ghostscript: /usr/bin/ps2pdf

I think somehow the gs package is corrupted in one of my machine.  I try removing it and reinstalling it again, it works fine now.  Thanks for the help!

Manu