Re: Debian S390

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 07:59:00PM +0100, David Goodenough wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 June 2008, Beard, Rick wrote:
> > I have installed Debian in a Linux image under z/VM.  I only have the
> > basic Linux and was wondering where I can get JAVA for this install?  Do
> > you already have a version that I can just download and install?  I have
> > a version that is in an RPM package and I'm not sure how or if I should
> > convert it.
>
> Well if you include non-free in your list, sun-java6-jre claims to be an
> all architecture package.  It might be worth a try.

That requires a _bin package and that is only avaible for amd64 and i386.
I'd guess that the only avaible Java distribution for a z series will be one
from IBM. If they don't provide a .bin I'd try the alien conversion or use
rpm2cpio javafoo.rpm|cpio -id to extract it and put everything in place by
hand.

Sven
--
If God passed a mic to me to speak