Re: mount partitions as normal user?

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 01:16:53PM +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 20:38:39 +1000, Daniel Dalton wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > When I mount a partition, I must use sudo, and when I create the
> > directory (the mount point) in /media I must also use sudo.
> > I chmod -R 777 the mount point directory before mounting, but... I must
> > use root to copy files and delete files from the drive.
> > So, how can I mount and have permission to delete, copy and move files
> > on my usb drive from my standard user account?
>
> Install the "pmount" package and add your user to the "plugdev" group.

That's what I did, its a nice package and does the job well, do I need
to use normal mount as root though if I want to run scripts and
programs?
For some reason I couldn't run a /bin/sh script on my external hard
drive when it was mounted with pmount.

Thanks for all the help though, I think this is the best solution.

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
<d.dalton@iinet.net.au>